About Decatur Youth Symphony
Decatur Youth Symphony in Decatur, Alabama transforms lives through music by providing students the opportunity to learn and perform music, impacting the culture of our community. The program works with more than 1,000 students each year through the organization's core and in-school programs.Learn more.
- During the 2021/2022 season, we will have taught 1,150 students.
- There are 700 students participating in the 2nd Grade Violin Program in Decatur City Schools.
- Our programs now reach students in Decatur, Hartselle, Morgan County, and Lawrence County.
- Our STEAM classes use hands-on projects to get children excited about science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and the arts.
- In addition to our programs for children, we also teach 30-40 senior citizens and developmentally-challenged adults.